Choosing Post-Consumer Recycled Alternatives
| Scott C
Many common items that we use on a daily basis can be (and commonly are) made from 100% recycled plastics. Here are a few examples:
- Water bottles: Many water bottles are made from 100% recycled plastic, making them a great eco-friendly alternative to single-use plastic bottles.
- Outdoor furniture: Outdoor furniture such as benches, tables, and chairs can be made from 100% recycled plastic. These items are durable and long-lasting, making them a great investment for any outdoor space.
- Trash bags: Trash bags can be made from 100% recycled plastic, making them a great option for households and businesses looking to reduce their environmental impact.
- Lumber: Plastic lumber is an alternative to traditional wood for things like decking, and it's made from 100% recycled plastic. This type of lumber is resistant to rot, insects, and moisture, making it a great option for outdoor projects.
- Pavement tiles: Pavement tiles made from 100% recycled plastic can be used for walkways, patios, and playgrounds. They are durable, slip-resistant, and easy to install.
- Clothing: Many clothing items such as t-shirts, hoodies and jackets are made from 100% recycled plastic. They are highly durable, long-lasting and easy to care for.
- HVAC Air Filters: Now with Cycle Air, we have the world's first and only air filter that is made from 100% recycled plastic materials. Not only will it replace the consumption of disposable filters every 3-4 months, but it actually removes plastic from the environment and reprocesses it to make the washable filter media and rigid, reusable frame.
By purchasing these items made from 100% recycled plastic, you can make a difference in the environment. Not only do you reduce the amount of plastic waste, but you also help to create a sustainable future. These items are not only good for the environment but also for our wallet as they are often more affordable than their non-recycled counterparts. Be sure to check the your own consumption of the above categories and seek out a recycle alternative to lower your own contribution to environmental plastic.